Friday 17 January 2014

Semester Review.

If I’m honest I kind of feel like this has been my worse semester of the course. When I started back I was really excited, but over the course of the three months I just felt my energy being drained. I can’t really explain what it was, as I have been through tougher situations without it affecting my work so much, I could just feel myself becoming really drained and lacking motivation to do anything. 

I did end up getting really upset about this, as I had been asking to produce a documentary for a visit to the university by Reverend Jesse Jackson, which was a huge opportunity. Ultimately I think was too big a project for me to handle on my own, but I don’t the commissioners understood how big a project it was either. I became overwhelmed by the scale of it, but I didn’t feel at the time that I had anyone I could go to to say “help me”. Not that there aren’t people, looking back now I can think of a lot of people I should have gone to, but at the time it just didn’t occur to me and I did buckle a bit. For me this all really culminated on the day after being told in the morning (by a member of staff) that I had done a terrible job and ending being left to look after the bags whilst the event was happening. I really felt like I had failed, and after this I just wanted the semester to be over and to take a break from it all. 

I was going through a lot of stuff personally, that I wasn’t handling well at the time, but have since sorted out and I feel a lot better. What it did make me realise is what a close group of friends I have, and those are the people that I enjoy working with. 

I am proud of the work we did together this semester, and I think we’ve all developed a really good working relationship which helps us to get stuff done quicker and more efficiently as we all know each other’s strengths and weaknesses.


I look forward to working on my final projects and making something that shows what I’ve learnt over the past three years, and hopefully I can use in the future to get some work.

No comments:

Post a Comment